This valuable service is designed to help you make informed and timely system adjustments that can enhance your operation’s productivity.
Our expert engineers inspect, report and document the condition of your critical couplings. Inspection details are used to help establish optimum relubrication intervals for couplings, as well as to help identify possible misalignment and any necessary changes to maintenance practices. If this service is being used as an initial lubrication conversion, Mobil™ engineers may use Mobil Serv℠ Lubricant Analysis or compatibility testing to establish conversion procedures.
We work with you to:
- Schedule inspection to coincide with equipment outages or rebuilds
- Identify couplings that indicate problems or need periodic inspection
- Visually inspect critical elements after disassembly of coupling and record observations and lubricant condition
- Study regreasing interval and condition of seals/gaskets
- Photograph components and communicate findings and results
- Compare results with previous inspection and condition-monitoring program data
- Discuss with customer reassembly procedure and lubrication-related procedures
Deliverable: The Engineering Service Report outlines inspection details and operation condition and recommends corrective actions. It will focus on how to improve coupling life, optimize lubrication intervals and minimize unscheduled downtime. It will include photographs and inspection data as appropriate.
Common opportunity areas
- Lubricant contamination
- Incompatibility of lubricants in use
- Misalignment and overload problems
- Regreasing interval
- Presence of breaks or crack in the grid element of the coupling
Safety, health and environment
Our field engineers are attuned to the hazards of handling, storing and using petroleum products. They strictly observe safety and environmental rules, as well as ExxonMobil and customer safety practices. They coordinate efforts through designated plant personnel verifying electrical and mechanical lockout and proper tagging prior to working on equipment, and providing recommendations to help reduce hazards.