Grinding mill gear inspection
Recommendations revealed in inspections help mills make the right changes to maximize their production and savings.
Through this service, we conduct a basic grinding mill gear inspection of central grease, open gears and key lubrication points to seek early identification of abnormal conditions. Their timely correction can help prevent the costs associated with premature failures and increase production.
We work with you to:
- Schedule proper time for the grinding mill gear inspection
- Identify and follow the safety requirements to perform the inspection
- Interface with OEM to develop recommendations as appropriate
- Share best practices and outline opportunities for potential savings
- Document gear wear patterns and identify issues
- Document lubricant application systems (oiling pinion/spray bar)
- Complete service using proper safety techniques
- Adhere to Mobil Serv’s global standardized procedures
- Prepare a report to document findings
Deliverable: The Engineering Service Report documents the grinding mill inspection and results. It contains recommendations for increasing safety, productivity and savings within the mill.
Common opportunity areas
- Lost mill production time
- Frequent, costly equipment maintenance
- Short equipment life
- Lubricant application system improvement
- Lubricant feed rate optimization
- Lubricant leakage identification
Safety, health and environment
Our field engineers are attuned to the hazards of handling, storing and using petroleum products. They strictly observe safety and environmental rules, as well as ExxonMobil and customer safety practices. They coordinate efforts through designated plant personnel verifying electrical and mechanical lockout and proper tagging prior to working on equipment, and providing recommendations to help reduce hazards.