Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP 5W-40 helps Grupo Construcciones Planificades extend equipment engine life success story
To extend oil drain intervals and the life of equipment engines
- CAT ACERT C-32 Engines, Series 777F/G & 992K
- Grupo Construcciones Planificadas S.A. de C.V.
- Hermosillo, Sonora, México
Grupo Construcciones Planificadas (Construplan), one of the most productive mining contractors in Mexico, currently has a fleet of 42 trucks 777F/G and 12 chargers 992K. Since Construplan started operations in the mining sector, their goal was to maximize production and generate a higher return on investment.
To meet these objectives, the company sought the expertise of ExxonMobil engineers and its distributor Circulo Llantero’s engineers to successfully implement an advanced synthetic heavy-duty diesel engine oil that can help extend drain intervals beyond OEM recommendations of 250 hours.
Grupo Construcciones Planificadas decided to implement Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP 5W-40, a fully synthetic lubricant for superior diesel engine performance in all units.
ExxonMobil also recommended participation in the routine Mobil Serv℠ Lubricant Analysis program to establish the optimal drain period and assess the condition of the engines.
Use of Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 lubricant, complemented by routine Mobil Serv Lubricant Analysis, has helped Grupo Construcciones Planificadas achieve operating cost savings averaging more than US $20,000 per vehicle, based on the following benefits:
- 55,000 additional carrying tons per haul truck annually (due to increased truck availability)
- Oil drain intervals extended to 1,250 hours
- Reduction in disposal of used oil up to 80 percent per unit
- Doubled hours between engine repairs
*This success story is based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary depending upon the type of equipment used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.
* ExxonMobil shall include Exxon Mobil Corporation and its affiliates.