Wind turbine flushing and filtration services
This service facilitates trouble-free gearbox flushing and filtration to optimize turbine reliability.
Trained engineers will provide expertise on proper flushing and filtration procedures for installing wind turbine gear oils. Then, they will provide you with detailed procedures for the gear oil changeover process to ensure trouble-free operation.
Expert engineers will work with you to:
- Establish oil compatibility through comprehensive testing
- Flush to remove contamination and residues and deliver clean oil
- Ensure optimal gear oil delivery and filtration method
- Recommend appropriate level of filtration for gear oil
- Document and report results of service
Deliverable: An Engineering Service Report details the lubricant treatment steps completed, documents lubricant cleanliness level prior to and after treatment, recommends steps to maintain lubricant system cleanliness, and provides an estimated value of the service. Distribute and present the completed report to wind plant operators and maintenance personnel.
Common Opportunity Areas
- Elevated oil temperature
- Poor filter life
- Gear bearing and seal failures
- Lubricant leakage and contamination
Safety, health and environment
Field engineers are attuned to the hazards of handling, storing and using petroleum products. They strictly observe safety and environmental rules and ExxonMobil and customer safety practices. They coordinate efforts through designated plant personnel verifying electrical and mechanical lockout and proper tagging prior to working on equipment, and providing recommendations to help reduce hazards.