Our latest wind turbine greases are designed specifically for the extreme conditions of wind turbine operations offering a very low starting and running torque, excellent low temperature pumpability properties and enhanced wear protection.
Mobil SHC™ Grease 681 WT is engineered to push the performance of wind turbines even further, in ways that really matter to operators
- Easier start-up at low temperatures
- Low temperature characteristics with improved flow, reduced distribution pressures and reduced bearing torque
- Optimum oil separation for improved performance in centralised lubrication systems
- Improved water wash resistance
- Enhanced mechanical stability
- Longer term rust and corrosion protection
- Added protection against False Brinelling
- Improved oil film thickness
Mobil SHC™ Grease 681 WT Data Sheets
Features and Benefits
- Superb thermal stability and oxidation resistance compared to conventional greases helps provide extended service life with longer relubrication intervals for wind turbines
- Outstanding low temperature performance compared to conventional greases provides excellent protection at low temperatures providing low torque and easy start-up at low temperatures
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection provides enhance performance in wet conditions for reduced downtime and maintenance costs compared to/versus conventional greases
- Outstanding structural stability in the presence of water helps retain grease consistency in hostile aqueous environments
- Excellent low temperature pumpability provides reliable lubrication of bearings using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
- Low traction base oil coefficient offers potential improved mechanical life and reduced energy costs versus conventional greases.
- Increased oil viscosity for extra protection with excellent low temperature properties
- No dye for improved housekeeping
- Excellent performance in the Wind Industry Riffel test
- Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT is an NLGI 1.5 Grade extreme pressure grease with ISO VG 680 synthetic base fluid recommended for tough wind turbine applications requiring addition EHL protection
- Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT meets most specifications of wind turbine builders and component suppliers and can demonstrated outstanding performance in the lubrication of yaw, pitch, and generator bearings either manual greased or using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
- Recommended application temperature range for continuous operation is from -40º C to 150ºC with proper regreasing intervals
|Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT|
|Thickener Type||Lithium Complex|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||305|
|Dropping Point, ºC, ASTM D 2265||260|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445,cSt 40ºC
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445,cSt100oC
|Roll Stability, Pen Change, ASTM D 1831, mm/10||10|
|4-Ball Wear Scar, ASTM D 2266||0.6|
|4-Ball Weld, ASTM D 2596, Load, Kg||250|
|Water Washout, ASTM D 1264, Loss at 79ºC. % wt||7|
|EMCOR Rust Test, 10 % Synthetic Sea Water, ASTM 6138||0,0|
|Corrosion Protection, ASTM D 1743, Rating||Pass|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, ASTM D 4048, Rating||1a|
Health and Safety
Health and Safety recommendations for this product can be found on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) @ http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx
Mobil SHC WT Extreme Temperature Grease | Mobil™
Learn how Mobil SHC™ Grease 102 WT – ExxonMobil’s new advanced wind turbine grease for extreme low temperatures – can can protect pitch, yaw and generator bearings from extreme temperature conditions.
News and updates, Article
Grease components & characteristics | Mobil™
Grease – its components, consistency and structural stability – presents several benefits over fluid lubrication.
Technical topics, PDF
Converting and replacing grease guidelines | Mobil™
Properly following the steps to converting and replacing grease products is essential for maximizing equipment performance and decreasing down time.
Technical topics, PDF
How to improve safety in wind turbine maintenance
Learn what operators can do to reduce the safety risks associated with wind turbine maintenance.
Industrial application expertise, Article