The Mobiltac 50M Series of premium performance open gear lubricants is designed to provide outstanding protection of heavily loaded open gears exposed to severe operating conditions. Mobiltac 50M is a semi-synthetic open gear lubricant containing high performance additives designed to provide an adhesive film and excellent load carrying capability particularly for open gears on shovels, draglines, and associated mining equipment.
Features and Benefits
Mobiltac 50M has the following features and potential benefits:
- Very high viscosity, semi synthetic lubricant designed to extend component life in heavily loaded open gear applications
- Excellent wash-off resistance in very wet operating environments
- Solid anti-wear and extreme pressure protection of mating surfaces against damaging wear in contact zones
- Available in three grades for different ambient operating conditions.
- Mobiltac 50M Heavy is recommended for ambient temperatures >20°F (-7°C) Mobiltac 50M Light is recommended for ambient temperatures from -15°F (-26°C) to 70°F (21°C) while Mobiltac 50M Arctic is recommended for ambient temperatures <50°F (10°C).
- Weld load protection > 800 kg
Mobiltac 50M is recommended for the lubrication of:
- Open gears on shovels, draglines and associated mining equipment with spray, brush or drip application
- The hoist gear on Caterpillar Mining electric rope shovels and in applications where an extra heavy open gear lubricant is desired
|Mobiltac 50M Arctic||Mobiltac 50M Light||Mobiltac 50M Heavy|
|Appearance, Visual||Viscous Semi-Fluid||Viscous Semi-Fluid||Viscous Semi-Fluid|
|Specific Gravity, ASTM D-1298||1||1.01||1.02|
|Flash Point, ASTM D-92||290oF (143oC)||284°F (140°C)||300°F (149°C)|
|4 Ball EP Weld Point (kg) (undilute), ASTM D-2596||>800||>800||>800|
|Rust, ASTM D-1743||Pass||Pass||Pass|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, ASTM D-4048||1A||1A||1A|
|Ventmeter, 600 psi, Lincoln VE-1||-30oF @<150 sec||-15°F @ <150 sec||20°F @ <30 sec|
|Base Oil Viscosity at 40°C, ASTM D445||50,000 cSt||50,000 cSt||50,000 cSt|
|Optimal Ambient Operating Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 50°F (10°C).||-15°F (-26°C) to 70°F (21°C)||20°F (-7°C) to 120°F (49°C)|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce adverse effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS's are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet. This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.